cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual 6509/720b/prc3/msfc3 core native or hybrid?

reggae3227
Level 1
Level 1

I am implementing 2 6509 with sup 720b/pfc3/msfc3. Seeing that cisco is going to IOS modularity for the 6500s, what is the better deployement for a enterprise core design. Should hybrid or native mode be deployed?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

4 Replies 4

atif.awan
Level 3
Level 3

I personally recommend that you deploy Native mode unless there is a specific feature requirement that is currently not available in Native mode. Cisco's efforts are more geared towards Native mode and it is there that you are going to see more features introduced in the future.

andrew.gristina
Level 1
Level 1

native. hybrid is probably going away, long term.

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Friend,

In addition to above post running your sups with Native IOS will give you less switchover time if you have redundant sups in a single chassis.

Also being the sups in Native mode it will be easy to configure both switch side and router side with single controleld IOS instaed of hopping between sup and msfc and need not remember all commands which are seperate for CATOS as mostly people are familiar with IOS commands.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

jlefko
Level 1
Level 1

Native all the way. The code is very stable and the future of 6500's is IOS.

I have 12 6509s running NATIVE and it is so much better to not have hybrid anywhere.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: