Views
Helpful
Replies

GSS Physical Connectivity

new_networker
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

The data center site receives traffic through internet on the outside of its firewall. After the firewall is the ACE for load balancing requests. Where does the GSS fit into this topology and how is it physically connected i.e. via Ethernet0 or Ethernet1. Why do we need two interfaces.

Is there any easy to follow configuration example for GSS.

Rgds

18 Replies 18

Sateesh

Within a GSS network both GSS will have the same DNS rule. SO if DNS request hits any of the GSS it will get the similar result.

When you delegate subdomain to two GSSs then any of the GSS can get hit.

What you could achieve is that Any of the GSSs should respond with VIP at DC1 only. Only if VIP at DC1 is not available (DC1 is down ) then both GSSs should serve A-record of VIP at DC2.

In order to achieve this you will need to create VIP type Answers for both DCs and group them in an Answer group.

In DNS rule select this answer group and select ordered list as the load balancing algo

(Assign lower order value to the prefered answer)

for example if you assign 1 to DC1 Answer & order 2 to DC2 answer then GSS will server Answer1 and will only server answer 2 if ANswer1 is offline.

Weight is used for weighted roundrobin algo.

For example if you want GSS to reply with Answer1 to first request & Answer2 to next two requests then you will assign weight1 to Answer1 & Weight2 to Answer2.You will also need to select roundrobin as algo to make it work.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Hi,

Thanks for info..

For creating answers I need to give the private IP or public as i told you that i natted public with private IP??

Regards

sateesh

If Internet traffic will hit it then it should serve public IPs.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Hi,

Along with abv mentioned setup i would like to enable proximity..?? Is it make sense..

If so, i want to install special router SLA at DC1 and DC2?? how to configure...I have gone trgh the documetns bit confussion..pls explain saimple and brief...if possible

Regards

sateesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: