Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

HELP-LAST-QUESTION - FOR - NAT

Dear All,

I was reading my NAT Design Paper, because I am going to Implement NAT in My Company.

Now, I want to ask you for only the Process of Static NAT , to allow External Users ? on internet side ? to ? access a specific server inside my LAN.

Which is the things that determine this NAT will Work from External to Internal , or Internal to External ?

Please answer the 3 questions .

1- Is it the Route command that I configured on the router it self , only ?

Or,

2- Is it the Route Command + NAT Table which is configured on the Router it self ?

Because As far as I know, I understood the following:-

To configure the NAT, I have to:-

1- determine which INTERFACE will act as IP NAT OUTSIDE , usually the one which have the IP from the ISP Side.

2- Determine which INTERFACE will act as IP NAT INSIDE , usually the one which have the IP from the Private LAN.

3- Determine the NAT statement , if its STATIC / dynamic /overloading .

4- Determine the Route command .

3- Here is Step 4 , I can make rule to forward every thing from INTERNAL to EXTERNAL or from EXTERNAL to INTERNAL , according to My Design Requirements.

So, from the NAT Command + Route Command , I can make the NAT From External to Internal , or, from Internal to External . is that correct ?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: HELP-LAST-QUESTION - FOR - NAT

Hi!

Good Day! I believe this would best answer your questions. Please check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080087bae.html

To verify, you can use "show ip nat translations" to display all ip address translations.

HTH! Regards,

Albert

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content