Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you config vic fcoe on windows?

JIANDE ZHANG
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, there

I guess there should be a software of Cisco vic in 'ucs-bxxx-utils-windows' folder. There are tons of configuration examples about Emulex,Qlogic etc.   But I couldn't find any useful information of Cisco vic fcoe configuration by  seraching Cisco web or google it.

Did you find any user guide or configuration examples about Cisco vic fcoe?

Thank you for any helps.

Sam              

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

richbarb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You didn't find anything because you don't need configure nothing when using vic.

You will create you service profile with how many vics and vhbs as you wish.

After that, you just install the driver in the operating system.

The FCoE process is offloaded, you don't need worry nothing about it in the operating system software layer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

richbarb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You didn't find anything because you don't need configure nothing when using vic.

You will create you service profile with how many vics and vhbs as you wish.

After that, you just install the driver in the operating system.

The FCoE process is offloaded, you don't need worry nothing about it in the operating system software layer.

Hi, Richard

Thanks for your reply.

I'll test fcoe today. hope as your said. There are nothing I need worry about. Thanks.

For emulex. It needs nothing to config as your said.

For Cisco VIC. It shows 'vsan 101 is down (waiting for flogi)'. What's wrong with this?

If your upstream switch is not configured or your operating system is down, this kind of message can occur.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: