Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible DLSW with remote ack for LLC2.?

Hello.:

In the following env I have an SNI connection:

3745-Tokenring/2612-FrameRelay-2612/Tokenring-OSA.

the 2612 is DLSW.

I have noticed, sometimes,when there is a HW problem in the right side, the 2612left, maintains the LLC2 session with R/Rs and not disconecting the session blocking the Virtual Route in the NCP of 3745.

Is there an eassy way of doing remote ACK for Token ring LLC2 using DLSW over Frame Relay.?

Is the source-bridge passthrough xxx command supported by DLSW.?

Thanks a lot.

Casimiro

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Is it possible DLSW with remote ack for LLC2.?

Hi,

if you need the RR's ect to flow across dlsw than you can use dlsw fst. With fst dlsw does not do local-ack anymore. that means that all frames including RR's are transported to the other side. The llc2 connection is then truley end to end betweeen the 3745 and the tokenring OSA.

However you must be aware of a couple of limitations.

Depending on your mtu on the tokenring i assume 4k. You must either configure the lf parameter on the dlsw remote peer statment to a value below the mtu of your WAN or you must make sure that the WAN can carry a maximum tokering frame + 12 bytes dlsw fst header + ip header. You might have to increase the mtu on your frame relay interfaces.

With fst there is no tcp session anymore doing the segmentation of large frames, every packet is encapsulated individualy and send right away.

Besides that you have only limited visibility to the sessions since the router is not participating in any llc2 connections, the router simply forwards packets.

thanks...

Matthias

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Is it possible DLSW with remote ack for LLC2.?

Matthias.

This answer really helps.!

Thanks.

Casimiro

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content