cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mysql cluster load balancing

godzilla0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there ! Could somebody guide me a bit on how to load balance Mysql servers ? Actually we can do read-only querys but on other operations the Mysql client we use says that "can't lock file". I think the balancer send that stream to one Mysql server but then when It goes back it doesn't know what is the correct place to send it. Thanks. We are doing it with a CSS, and we have two Mysql servers to process the queries.

2 Replies 2

colin.mcnamara
Level 4
Level 4

There are a couple of ways of scaling out using Mysql clusters and load balancing. The most common is to create a pool of read only servers, and then on the initiator split ro and rw transactions to seperate vips in your load balancer.

For redundant RW transactions you can either do a Hot Hot setup on your mysql servers, or do a publisher subscriber, where you have a hard failover. In that case you need to configure your loadbalancers to only use the publisher, and to only use the subscriber if the publisher is dead.

--Colin

Could you please point me to a some kind of information about this issue to follow ? Or can you explain more or less how you would do it, in terms of configuration ? I'm new on this kind of stuff so I need a bit of guiding.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: