cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow

Maurice Ball
Level 3
Level 3

Will netflow work if you have HP network devices in between your Cisco network devices?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

I belive it works on both the products in the same way i have test the NETFLOW with solar wind product its works fine

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Perhaps there is some aspect of your question that I am not understanding. But it seems pretty straightforward to me that NetFlow would work, assuming that the Cisco device has the correct support for NetFlow. If the Cisco device does have correct support for NetFlow then as it forwards traffic it will generate the NetFlow records and it does that without any dependency on what other devices are in the network. And if the Cisco device is configured to send its NetFlow records to a collector/analysis device then it will send that as IP data through the network and it would not matter what kind of devices are in the network so long as they correctly forward IP traffic.

So what kind of issue would you expect if there were HP devices in between your Cisco devices?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

I belive it works on both the products in the same way i have test the NETFLOW with solar wind product its works fine