Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus 1000V. problem when working with the console VMWare

I have a problem when working with the console VMWare.

Sometimes it is impossible to connect any of the hypervisor to the guest OS managed by them.

I get the message: "Unable connect to the MKS: Host address lookup for server <name of the hypervisor> failed: No such host is known."

This message always appears in conjunction with the reconfiguration of virtual switch: "Reconfigure vNetwork Distributed Switch .... Initiated by Cisco_Nexus_1000V_ ....."

Upon completion of the reconfiguration, Communication console, with guest OS is restored, or on its own or after a reboot srv-vc.

In this time, I do not see any message in Nexus 1000v log.

What is this?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------ Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
2 REPLIES

Smells of a DNS issue.  Are you sure your ESX hosts are reachable from your client via DNS hostname?  Try pinging them from a command prompt/terminal.  You may have DNS server issues.

As a temp fix, edit your [windowspath]/system32/etc/drivers/hosts file and manually add the ESX host name and IP, then re-test.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks. I will be try

------------------------------------------------------ Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
Views
Helpful
Replies