Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 1000v & VEM Trunks

lekeosi11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need help with a VMware & Nexus 1000v setup. I'm trying to get trunk uplinks working on VM hosts.

I've created uplink port-profiles and vmware port-groups on the VSM and I've assigned the physical adapters on the VM hosts to the appropirate uplink groups.

When I run a show interface brief on the Nexus VSM, I see that the interface are set up as trunk.

eg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ethernet      VLAN   Type Mode   Status  Reason                   Speed     Port
Interface                                                                   Ch #
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eth5/2        12     eth  trunk  up      none                       1000(D) 1
Eth5/3        12     eth  trunk  up      none                       1000(D) 1
Po1          12    eth  trunk  up      none                      a-1000(D)  none
When I run the following command however, it shows that the VEMs are seeing the interfaces as access ports.

LTL    IfIndex   Vlan    Bndl  SG_ID Pinned_SGID  Type  Admin State  CBL Mode   Name
   17   1a040100     12     304      0          32  PHYS     UP    UP    1 Access vmnic1
   18   1a040200     12     304      0          32  PHYS     UP    UP    1 Access vmnic2

I currently can't get the virtual machines to communicate outside the individual VEMs unless i set the physical NICs as access ports.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Regards

L

0 Replies 0