Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus 1000v & VEM Trunks

Hi,

I need help with a VMware & Nexus 1000v setup. I'm trying to get trunk uplinks working on VM hosts.

I've created uplink port-profiles and vmware port-groups on the VSM and I've assigned the physical adapters on the VM hosts to the appropirate uplink groups.

When I run a show interface brief on the Nexus VSM, I see that the interface are set up as trunk.

eg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ethernet      VLAN   Type Mode   Status  Reason                   Speed     Port
Interface                                                                   Ch #
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eth5/2        12     eth  trunk  up      none                       1000(D) 1
Eth5/3        12     eth  trunk  up      none                       1000(D) 1
Po1          12    eth  trunk  up      none                      a-1000(D)  none
When I run the following command however, it shows that the VEMs are seeing the interfaces as access ports.

LTL    IfIndex   Vlan    Bndl  SG_ID Pinned_SGID  Type  Admin State  CBL Mode   Name
   17   1a040100     12     304      0          32  PHYS     UP    UP    1 Access vmnic1
   18   1a040200     12     304      0          32  PHYS     UP    UP    1 Access vmnic2

I currently can't get the virtual machines to communicate outside the individual VEMs unless i set the physical NICs as access ports.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Regards

L

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies