cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 4001I

rays
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I was wondering if the Nexus 4001I supports vPC? I have an IBM Bladecentre with 2x Nexus 4001I switches and 10 blade servers each with 2x 10G interfaces, with one 10G connecting to each Nexus4001I switch.

The Nexus will have multiple 10G uplinks to my Cisco VSS core.

It seems that without vPC support on the 4001 there is no way for me to fully utilize all downlinks to the blade servers and the uplinks to the core.

Has anyone any experience of this product and can recommend me the best deployment scenario for my setup?

Many thanks

Rays

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

habadr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rays,

If you mean that whether the N4K switches in a IBM blade chassis swtiches are able to be vPC peer swtiches, then the asnwer is no. Each of N4K switches connected to IBM Blade chassis is totally isolated from each other. You have to rely on OS NIC teaming.

To utilize the VSS to provide active/active environment for N4K uplinks you can connect 2 10G uplinks from each N4K swtich to each VSS member.

Thanks

Hatim Badr

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

habadr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rays,

If you mean that whether the N4K switches in a IBM blade chassis swtiches are able to be vPC peer swtiches, then the asnwer is no. Each of N4K switches connected to IBM Blade chassis is totally isolated from each other. You have to rely on OS NIC teaming.

To utilize the VSS to provide active/active environment for N4K uplinks you can connect 2 10G uplinks from each N4K swtich to each VSS member.

Thanks

Hatim Badr

Many thanks Hatim.

That makes sense to me.

Rays

Hatim hello,

Please advice if the vPC setup allow teaming NIC in the Blades in Active Active mode.
Do you know if and when the 4001i switches will support vPC.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: