Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5500 keeps spraying %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_ADMIN_DOWN messages

gnijs
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Nexus 5548 with single connected B22HP fex. Fex is up, I put the serverports admin down, but still the switch keeps logging these messages over and over:

%ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_ADMIN_DOWN: Interface Ethernet100/1/9 is down (Administratively down)

Every 10 seconds i am getting this message and the port number is increasing sequentially.

Since when is Cisco logging messages, even when you put the interface admin down ?

NX-OS version 5.2(1)N1(4)

4 Replies 4

I have the exact same issue and its only for ports connecting to the B22HP FEX. My B22HP cards are single homed to Nexus 5548UPs and I am on 5.2(1)N1(6). The FEX is not changing state at all.

Did you source a resolution to this issue? It seems to be cosmetic from what I can tell.

Any updates on this?

We have this issue on 1 of our 8 Nexus 5672, generating > 2.000.000 syslog messages in 24h.

All Nexus are running 7.0(1)N1(1), only one is messing around.

Gurpreet Kochar
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds similar to

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul25050/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Igor Anishchuk
Level 1
Level 1

This problem affects only ports that are not connected. Therefore, you can shut them down in the configuration and disable logging of port link-status events for those interfaces as in 'no logging event port link-status'. Works for me on 56128P and 55xx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: