Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 vPC and HSRP

Hi All

I have two  nexus 5548UP switches and we are trying use this as data centre switch as well as the core switch.

so we have to run HSRP on these two to get redundancy.

I have attached sample diagram of what we are trying to do.

I have read several posts on vPC and HSRP and I have some questions.

1) As in the diagram is it possible to have vPC between two N5k and the firewall( this vPC is trunk and we use SVI to get the L3 connectivity with the firewall).

2) Floor users default gateways are in N5K and use HSRP(all floor switch are dual homed to N5K) can we use this.

3)IBM blade centre is connected to N5K as depicted and several VM are running on it( VMs are in deferent IP subnets and their default gateways are in N5K)

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

csarto
Level 1
Level 1

The only restriction is that Dynamic Routing between External L3 Devices and vPC Peers over vPC or vPC VLANs is not supported.

further information in the Cisco Live virtual "BRKDCT-2951 - Deploying Nexus 7000 in Data Center Networks" presentation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

AJ Cruz
Level 3
Level 3

The diagram looks fine. You can multichassis etherchannel from a 5K pair to any 802.3ad device.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks for the reply.

csarto
Level 1
Level 1

The only restriction is that Dynamic Routing between External L3 Devices and vPC Peers over vPC or vPC VLANs is not supported.

further information in the Cisco Live virtual "BRKDCT-2951 - Deploying Nexus 7000 in Data Center Networks" presentation.

There is also an excellent post by Brad Hedlund on his blog diagraming and explaining supported and unsupported designs for routing over vPC peer-link:

http://bradhedlund.com/2010/12/16/routing-over-nexus-7000-vpc-peer-link-yes-and-no/