Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5K OSPF with vPC

Hi,

I know it is well documented using IGP's, more specifically OSPF with 7K's and vPC's but when it comes to the same thing on 5K's I am still a little confused.

My topology is:

5K01 and 5K02 are connected and are vPC peers, I currently have a management network on VLAN 114, both 5k's have SVI's on this and are currently OSPF neighbors over their vPC using this vlan.

I have an MPLS router (service provider PE) which is 2 routers but clustered so logically in this instance it is one router, the 5 k's will be conecting to this PE router via some switches over a vPC and needs to become a OSPF neighbor to both the 5K's.

Looking at this post:

http://adamraffe.com/2013/03/08/l3-over-vpc-nexus-7000-vs-5000/

It suggests that I can just add VLAN 114 to the vPC up to tyhe PE and turn OSPF on on the interface on the PE, although this will not support Multicast and I don't really want to restrict myself as this may be a future requirement.

What I thought might be a better solution would be to designate a new vlan and allow it on the vPC up to the PE and use that for the OSPF neighborships between the 5K's and the PE and not allowing it over the vPC peer link - leaving the 5K's neighborship over vlan 114.

Can someone tell me what the best practice/supported topology is here and maybe provide some cisco links?

Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Replies 0