Just to background, we are having two data centres with 6509 switches as netwrok. In main data centre two F5 (BIG IP 3600) devices in active & standby mode (source nat mode). In the process of upgrading the entire infrastructure within next 3-6 moths in following manner
1. Replace two F5 in primary DC & installing new F5 in secondary DC (F5 will be in routed mode for certain rquirement of cisco ISE)
2. Replace Cisco6509 in primary DC with Nexus( 2x 7010, 3x 6004 & FEX, etc)
3. Look at Nexus for secondary DC.
Below are the question I am having is about F5-Route Health Injection (to have same VIP on primary & secondary DC) to work in Cisco environment.
1. Does this feature required to have BGP as routing protocol in the network ?
2. Currently OSPF is the IGP in our network, concerning about using BGP for DC this setup. Will this utilize high processng/memory resource of existing 6509s.
3. Is this a recommended/ best practice approach ?
4. When the Nexus switches comes will this work each other. I know 6500 & Nexus is completely two different platforms ?
5. Is there any references around this sort of design/guidelines ?
VMware Trunk Port Group is supported from ACI version 2.1
VMM integration must be configured properly
ASA device package must be uploaded to APIC
ASAv version must be compatible with ACI and device package version
In the Previous articles of ACI Automation, we are using Postman/Newman as the Rest API tool to automate the ACI Configuration.
In this article I’m going to discuss on usin...
One of the first steps in building your ACI Fabric is to go through Fabric Discovery. While Fabric Discovery is usually a straightforward process, there are various issues that may prevent you from discovering an ACI switch. This article wil...