Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OSA and 2950

Hi,

I've connected an OSA/2 Ethernet card to my 2950 switch. The Ethernet interface on the switch is defined as 10Mb FD and the OSA interface is also defined as 10Mb FD.

The interfaces goes into a connected state and I can ping the OSA, but when I do a show mac-address-table I do not see the OSA MAC address.I need to run SNA and cannot connect to this MAC address either.

Dean

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: OSA and 2950

Hi,

how did you configure the interface on the catalyst?

To be more precise i assume you are running ios on the catalyst 2950. in that case i think you can configure the ethernet port on the switch as a routed port or a switched port.

If you want to use it as routed port you are configuring the real ethernet interface. If you use it as a switchport you need something like this:

interface fastethernet x

swichtport

switchport access vlan x

i am not the expert on cat2950 switches but that is something i would start to look at. If you say the

show mac-address-table does not show the mac address of your osa/2. if you can ping it i guess you can also see it in the arp table.

You should be able to move the ip address from the ethernet interface to a interface vlan x after you enabled the switchport.

Other ports on the cat2950 which are supposed to have llc2 stations running sna must be in the same vlan than the osa/2.

thanks....

Matthias

Views
Helpful
Replies