Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Port-channel with Private VLANs on Nexus1000v

Hi all,

It says that private vlans are not supported on port-channel ports ont Nexus 1000v L2 Switching Guide.

AFAIK, if you have two ports between ESX VEM and physical switch and both these ports are configured as 802.1Q and carrying the same VLANs, when the port which carries the traffic at the moment fails,  the other port do not failover automatically. This is mentioned in "Nexus 1000v Deployment Guide version 2" as ,

"Individual Uplinks : A standard uplink is an uplink that is not a member of a PortChannel from the VEM to a physical switch. It provides

no capability to load balance across multiple standard uplink links and no high-availability characteristics. When a  standard uplink fails, no secondary link exists to take over. Defining two standard uplinks to carry the same VLAN involves the risk of creating loops within the environment and is an unsupported configuration. Cisco NX-OS will post warnings when such a condition occurs. "

Does anyone have any idea in order for the attached topology to work. Do I have to forward each and every VLAN from different ports ? If I do that how am I going to manage different VLANs and still have that hosts in the same primary VLAN with same IP subnet ?

Thanks in advance.

Dumlu

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content