Views
Helpful
Replies

Pre provisioning model on 5548 version 6.0.2 N2.2

Farrache Gilles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am unable to preprovision 2000 Fex model N2K-C2248TP-1G on 5548 version 6.0.2 N2.2. If I enter a model N2K-C2248TP-E-1GE, there is a model mismatch when the N2K-C2248TP-1G starts. And I don't found the model in the command provision model ! (see attached file)

Gilles

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Gilles,

Take a read of the post Pre-provision 2248 TP FEX on 5596UP as I think this may answer your question. In this the author states that the N2K-C2248T "covers all 48 Tx models except enhanced version".

The author also provides evidence in the thread of the N2K-C2248TP-1GE FEX being on-line when provisioned with the provision model N2K-C2248T command. As a module will only come on-line if it matches the pre-provisioned model it would seem to suggest that the context sensitive help is a little misleading, and the N2K-C2248T is the correct model to use for what you want to do.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Gilles,

Take a read of the post Pre-provision 2248 TP FEX on 5596UP as I think this may answer your question. In this the author states that the N2K-C2248T "covers all 48 Tx models except enhanced version".

The author also provides evidence in the thread of the N2K-C2248TP-1GE FEX being on-line when provisioned with the provision model N2K-C2248T command. As a module will only come on-line if it matches the pre-provisioned model it would seem to suggest that the context sensitive help is a little misleading, and the N2K-C2248T is the correct model to use for what you want to do.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: