cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sense 1002 when connecting Virtel 3174 emulator thru SNA Switching

jpmarce
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to connect to a 3174 emulator called Virtel running under MVS using QLLC, local DLSw switching and HPR-IP towards the host, we get the BIND sent by the host application responded positiviely by the remote LU. THE BIND response is:

2D000102 E4A9EB80 003101

Then the router generates an UNBIND with sense 1002 that is sent to the application. The RU sizes in the BIND are X'87C7'. The x25 connection is OK as well as the QLLC. In the VTAM trace, the BIND sent to the three LUs by the application receive as answer an UNBIND sense 1002 generated by the router when the router receives the above +RSP to the BIND from the remote LU. Is this a problem of RU size in the BIND or the positive response that has an invalid length?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If this is indeed the same problem Bob mentions (which sounds likely), you can request PTF3313 from support@syspertec.com.

- Ray

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rclousto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the problem is that the BIND is 2 bytes long (3101). We would accept a one byte BIND response (31) alone, but once they include the 2nd byte, the BIND must be at least 26 bytes long.

It is my understanding that the Virtel vendor, Syspertec, has a fix for this and it has resolved this exact issue we've seen at another customer site. Please contact this vendor to get their PTF.

Regards,

Bob Clouston

If this is indeed the same problem Bob mentions (which sounds likely), you can request PTF3313 from support@syspertec.com.

- Ray

jpmarce
Level 1
Level 1

The problem has been solved by putting a fix in the Virtel 3174 emulator from Syspertec. We don't know the details of the fix yet. We guess it makes the emulator to send a BIND positive response that does not trigger an UNBIND from the router.

Thanks a lot Bob and Ray, althougth I subscribe to the replies of this conversation, I did not receive your responses in my mail. You have pointed out the right explanations. This is outstanding!

Jean-Pierre