cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNA and DLSW Config ??

terry
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to configure a DLSW network that will be using at the host location a 3640 with 3 inside ethernet connections and one frame relay out. The 3 ethernet connections are for 2 SNA and one TCP connection from an AS/400. The first SNA connection is DLSW to a remote MS/SNA Server. The second SNA connection is to a remote 3745 FEP. The 3rd ethernet connection is a remote TCP connection. All of the site are going though the same FR connection out.

At the remote sites we are installing 2621XM's with Enterprise code, to handle the SNA and DLSW. The 3rd connection is a 2611XM with base IOS.

When I go to setup the DLSW local and remote peers, it only allows one local and remote peer. Is there an example on CCO were it shows the setup of two local and two remote peers, I don't think this is supported, or do I have to use a bgroup list?

I have an example for the 3745/FEP, but also need an example for the MS/SNA server from CCO.

Thanks in advance.

Terry

1 Reply 1

tblancha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DLSW allows only one dlsw local peer command and multiple remote-peer command. So, router A can peer to router B and C associated where the A-B connection is for the AS/400 connection and the A-C dlsw connection will carry the FEP traffic. The third session you talk about is IP so it will use regular IP routing and not DLSW.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: