Views
Helpful
Replies

SNA Transport over DLSW circuit not end-to-end

oguarisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I'm wondering if you can transport SNA Traffic over DLSw circuits that are not end-to-end but terminated in a ring that is used as "transport"...let me explain in detail: i've location A, B, C...and traffic must go from A to C

In location A we've OLD IBM Router that use DLSw circuit to transport SNA Traffic to location B where we have another IBM attached to a Ring.

On this ring , in location B, we've also a Cisco Router.

In location C we've installed a Cisco Router too and we plan to create a DLSw circuit between Cisco location B and location C.

Does the SNA traffic generated on location A arrived to location C also if the DLSw circuit is not end-to-end ??? or exists potentially problems???..

We would like to avoid to configure old IBM router in location A to interface directly with Cisco in location C...for a direct circuit establishment..

Thanx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccullo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Omar,

Sure, you can do this. It will simply look, to the Cisco router in location B, like an LLC link station is requesting to establish a circuit to a MAC address at location C. Of course this is less than ideal, from a performance and management perspective.

Rgds, Dan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dmccullo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Omar,

Sure, you can do this. It will simply look, to the Cisco router in location B, like an LLC link station is requesting to establish a circuit to a MAC address at location C. Of course this is less than ideal, from a performance and management perspective.

Rgds, Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: