Views
Helpful
Replies

snasw CP-CP session issues

rrsstefano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to ask you if there are known problems on CP-CP session establishment between appn/snasw routers ( IOS 12.3 ) and host running z/OS 1.07?

This question because we experienced a problem during z/OS release upgrade on multiple systems from 1.04 to 1.07;routers were not able to restore the CP-CP session to primary nns after this came up with new 1.07 version.

Thanks for all suggestion

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rclousto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the only problem I've seen recently is CSCse42173 but that is when CP-CP sessions are already established, so that doesn't sound like your problem. The problem occurs with a timer flow when the router has been up just over 49 days.

If you don't get any ideas from here, open a SR and we'll help you find this. The kind of things I'd be looking for is anything in the snasw pdlog that points to a problem (sense code in a bind failure, etc), and snasw dlctrace to see if VTAM indicates CP-CP session support on their XIDs, and what happens after XID exchange when we try starting CP-CP sessions. If you need us to help look at this, it'd be best to collect the doc under an SR so we can track everything.

If I had to guess, I'd bet that something got lost or change on the VTAM defs such that it no longer supports CP-CP sessions with the snasw router.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rclousto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the only problem I've seen recently is CSCse42173 but that is when CP-CP sessions are already established, so that doesn't sound like your problem. The problem occurs with a timer flow when the router has been up just over 49 days.

If you don't get any ideas from here, open a SR and we'll help you find this. The kind of things I'd be looking for is anything in the snasw pdlog that points to a problem (sense code in a bind failure, etc), and snasw dlctrace to see if VTAM indicates CP-CP session support on their XIDs, and what happens after XID exchange when we try starting CP-CP sessions. If you need us to help look at this, it'd be best to collect the doc under an SR so we can track everything.

If I had to guess, I'd bet that something got lost or change on the VTAM defs such that it no longer supports CP-CP sessions with the snasw router.

Hi Bob and all,

just to inform you that Bob's suggestion was correct the problem is due to a different default behaviour on z/OS 1.07 on some parameters so that the CP-CP session capability is not started automatically

Thanks for the help

Stefano