Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

upgrade 7k 7009 to 6.1.4

I have downloaded the system ios but can't find the kickstart ios. Quesitons: 6.1.1 to 6.1.4 I have dual n7k-sup2's

Do I have to be in the admin vdc, if so from my admin vdc i can not ping my ftp server. I uploaded the system file to bootflash: from a diffrent vdc. When I am in the admin vdc and do a directory of bootflash; i can see the system filename but it appears to be 0 bytes. If i switch back to the vdc i did the ftp from and do a directory of bootflash: everything is correct.

So do you have to be in the admin domain to do an upgrade

can i copy the image to a usb stick in windows and put the stick in the supervisor module 2 card and copy it to bootflash: from the admin vdc?

I am going from 6.1.1 to 6.1.4

Any help would be great.

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: upgrade 7k 7009 to 6.1.4

Chuck,

Yes, you do need to upgrade from the Admin VDC. For files, I suppose you could copy files while in a non-admin vdc, but the files should end up in their individual vdc folders, e.g. bootflash:vdc_2/. While in the admin vdc, I would copy from the vdc folder to the root bootflash, but I would recommend just copying from the admin VDC to begin with.

Yes, you can copy from a usb flash drive, using "copy usb1: bootflash:". Do a "dir ?" to see all available drives.

The kickstart files are easy to find via cisco, I would upload a screen shot, but this site doesn't support chrome. Here's a link for a 7009 :

http://software.cisco.com/download/type.html?mdfid=283748960&flowid=28582

Basically you'll need the system file, the kickstart, and the epld files, they are seperated into different areas. Do a system upgrade then install the epld.

As always, read through the upgrades docs and caveats here :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9402/prod_installation_guides_list.html

HTH

~jerry

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content