Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to 6.2(2) from 5.2(3a) on Nexus 7018

Hi all

We have the need to upgrade our Nexus 7018 data centre core switches to NX-OS 6.2(2) to make use of a feature introduced in that version.

Obviously this is not something you just push through and expect everyone (especially the customer!) to be relaxed and fine with. Questions, they are asked.

I've been reading through all the release notes and it seems our only way to achieve this upgrade is to go to v5.2(7) first.

My rather broad questions are:

Has anyone performed this exact upgrade? Or a similar?

If so, any advice you would like to share? Any gotchas?

Our setup consists of:

2 x Data Centres

2 x NK 7K18 per DC

2 x N7K-SUP1 supervisors per chassis

3 x N7K-C7018-FAB-1 fabric card modules per chassis

1 x N7K-M148GS-11 optical ethernet module per chassis

10 x N7K-M132XP-12 line cards per chassis

Software:

BIOS:      version 3.22.0

kickstart: version 5.2(3a)

system:    version 5.2(3a)

Thank you

1 Reply 1

richbarb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Devlin,

I didn't make exactly this upgrade before, but I can give you some tips that is good you are aware of, according my experience.

- You are using SUP1. Do you have 8GB of memory installed in your system? This is a requirement that you must achieve.

- You can go through version 6.2 directly without go to v5.2(9) first, this is only necessary if you are using ISSU.

I recommend read very carefully the release notes for each feature, mainly VLANs reserved range and OTV stuff.

Also you can do the epld upgrade and a disruptive restart will be required.

Which features are you using in this boxes? (VDC, VPC, FCoE, FP, OTV...).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: