Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VMware FT failover not transparent on Nexus1000v

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with this one.

I'm staging a new virtual infrastructure architecture for my company hosted onVMware ESX4.1 with N1KV 4.0(4) SV1 (3a)  solution on top.

When testing the final design I've noticed that a VMware FT protected VM would lose connectivity for approx 8 seconds -actually losing TCP state!- upon a FT failover event while having the VM hosted under the N1K, hence defeating the whole purpose of the VMware FT.

However, while executing the very same operation having the VM hosted on the standard vSwitch on the same server, the failover event is completely transparent, i.e., no state loss..

I'm currently already fully engaged with Cisco TAC which also got the N1K product development team involved. At this stage they have not identified the precise problem altough we've managed to isolate it.

I'm wondering whether anybody is or has experienced this problem. According to Cisco they do not have any historical case data on VMware FT issues in combination with the nexus 1k.

Thank you for your response,

Roger.

Views
Helpful
Replies