cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter Vlan Routing

faiziasif8
Level 1
Level 1

I am relatively new to the use of Packet tracer. I have been given a problem by my supervisor. Please refer to the picture attached.

I had made 3 vlans. Vlan 10 consists of PC 1 and 11. Vlan 20 consists of PC 2 and 22 and Vlan 30 consists of 3 and 33. I have to ping PCs pf VLan 20 and Vlan 30 without using a router or a multi layer switch. From what i understand to establish communication between Vlans we need a router pr a multi layer switch. Is there any solution to my problem?

I shall be very grateful for any help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you are right..You can use "Router on a stick configuration" or "L3 switch with IP Routing" enabled in order to solve this..Only with Layer 2, Inter-vlan routing is not possible..

Best Regards,

Rikshit

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yes, you are right..You can use "Router on a stick configuration" or "L3 switch with IP Routing" enabled in order to solve this..Only with Layer 2, Inter-vlan routing is not possible..

Best Regards,

Rikshit

Thank you!

I have another question. Is it possible to use static routing to solve the problem?

I guess, it will not work. Even if the traffic flows to the default gateway, how it will access the other Network.. It won't be possible..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card