Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Which EtherSwitch modules will be supported, and which don't have enough RAM?

I'm concerned that some of the EtherSwitch modules I have (and others that I plan to get) are NOT going to be supported soon.

I'm using these as "poor man's L3 switches" for use in a CCNP-lab at home.

Q1: How much RAM do the EtherSwitch modules have? I've not been able to determine definitively if these switches are supported beyond 12.2(25) SEA / SEB. I *have* seen them listed in various documents referencing IOS 15.x, but never expliciting saying that IP Services and/or IOS 15.x is supported. It's quite a challenge to investigate this.

For example, this Table 4 excerpt implies that any EtherSwitch module works with this Release of IP Services:

-------------------------------------------

c3750-ipservicesk9-tar.122-53.SE1.tar

----------------

Catalyst 3750 IP services cryptographic image and  device manager files. This image has the Kerberos, SSH, Layer 2+, and  full Layer 3 features. This image also runs on the Cisco EtherSwitch  service modules.

-------------------------------------------

link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_53_se/release/notes/OL21141.html#wp841480

...But it doesn't specify *which* modules.

Q2: Can anyone provide a pointer for the support of these modules?

NME-16ES-1G-P

NME-23ES-1G-P

NME-XD-24ES-1S-P

Q3:

In general, which of these modules is most like to be supported by 2800 and 3800 Series routers ? (I have a collection of 2851, 2811, and 3825 routers).

Thanks!

__Will in San Jose

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Which EtherSwitch modules will be supported, and which don't hav

Duplicate post. 

Please refer to this.

Views
Helpful
Replies