Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Can't mount to a subfolder of share folder

Hi,

I have NSS326 and have couple of share folders created. The NFS is enabled for those share folders. I can mount to the share folder but I can't mount to its subfolder. For ex: share folder name "tools" and it has subfolder "windows". I can mount to "/tools" but can't mount to "/tools/windows" directly.I have some other NAS and they can do it by default configuration. So, I am wondering if I need to configure somethign to NSS326 to enable this.

Thanks,
TaiHung Lu

• Small Business Network and Smart Storage
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't mount to a subfolder of share folder

Hi Tai,

To mount to the sub-folder, you would need get the full path of where is that folder reside.

Example:

Network Share name: tools

Folder name: windows

mount NFS to network share would be /tools

mount NFS to a folder within the network share, you would do:  "/share/MD0_DATA/tools/windows" on any RAID array and for single disk. It would be "/share/HDA_DATA/tools/windows"

2 REPLIES

Hi Tai,

To mount to the sub-folder, you would need get the full path of where is that folder reside.

Example:

Network Share name: tools

Folder name: windows

mount NFS to network share would be /tools

mount NFS to a folder within the network share, you would do:  "/share/MD0_DATA/tools/windows" on any RAID array and for single disk. It would be "/share/HDA_DATA/tools/windows"

Cisco Employee

Thanks so much for your answer. Just a small change to your answer the folder in my case is /share/MD0_DATA/....

Views
Helpful
Replies