Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can't setup NSS322

Dears,

We've buy a Cisco Storage model NSS322 few weeks ago. Now I'm trying to install the equipment in my network, but I'm facing the following issues:

1 - I mounted the HDs on the equipment, and turned on. The NAS doesn't found the HDs (HD LEDs doesn't flash).

2 - eSATA LED indicator is always flashing orange (and I don't have a eSATA drive attached in it - even in any equipment on my office)

3 - LAN LED indicator is always flashing. Never goes solid

4 - Power is flashing green

5 - Setup Wizard shows the message: No unintialized servers found (doesn't found my NAS) all times I try to setup my NAS

6 - It doesn't reset - I put a paper clip on my storage, but it doesn't reset (and I'm not a beginner in this - I reseted and did setup in a lot of routers in my home and for my customers)

Could anybody here show me a light for my question? Do I need to send my NAS back to Amazon to exchange the equipment?

Thanks a lot, and Best Regards,

Leandro Fiore

Technical Support Engineer

MyABCM

leandro.fiore@myabcm.com

infra@myabcm.com

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Silver

Can't setup NSS322

Leandro,

First i would shut the unit down- pull drives out about an inch --> power unit back on.

Now access System Wizard - go through each step until you get to step 6 (RAID)

now push in each drive one at a time- Make sure you get a green light for each drive. Now under step 6 you should see the unit recognized the drive and should be able to select your RAID level and move on the next steps for competition.

Please call the Cisco Small Business Support Center and open a support case if you have futher trouble after this.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Can't setup NSS322

Jasbryan,

Let me see if I understood your explain. Do I need to push the drivers with the storage turned on? As as hot swap HD?

Thanks,

Leandro.

Silver

Can't setup NSS322

Leandro,

hope you were able to get your NSS up and running. Did you call the support center for assistance? Sorry for the late response but if you need any assistance and don't get a response back promptly please call our support center for assistance @ 1-866-606-1866

Jasbryan

Views
Helpful
Replies