Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco NSS 324

Hi,  I have two problems with this cisco NSS 324 device. 

1) I have a windows server 2008 domain environment where the NSS 324 is connected to the Active directory, it sees all my users and groups on the AD.  I am planning to make users H drives on this NSS 324 so that each user have full rights to 'HIS/HER' folder only.  I have followed all the help files from Cisco where they guide how to make folder structure so that each user has own space to work under a folder tree.  I am able to make folders via the properties of the AD users like '\\NAS\shomes\g7\%username%'  it makes the persons folder.  But if I logonto Web File Manager as any other user, it can see all the files and folders of the other user.  So basically users can see/change each other files.  How to change this behaviour?

2)iSCSII I am able to logonto iSCSII if I do not put any type of authentication, the moment I use CHAP or any other authentication I am unable to connect to the drives, I am able to see the discovered Target via the ISCSII inciator but cannot logon.  Any hints?

Help plz

1 REPLY
Silver

Cisco NSS 324

Adnan,

• •1)     Sound like you’re permission for the folders is not set correctly. First off you can set individual folders as hidden so no others can see the folder. Please make sure you’re on Latest firmware 1.5.0 this gives you greater control over sub folder permissions. Please upgrade in increments if you need to upgrade.

• •2)     When using CHAP authentication both the target and initiator has to match exactly or you’re not going to get connected. Usually the customer has more than one target with CHAP authentication and they have CHAP set globally and not by individual target authentication. You can use global settings for CHAP- but each target has to be set exactly with same authentication.

For quicker resolution please call into the support center @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case –

If you want to continue trouble shooting via support forum – please post

Firmware currently running-

Folder permissions for users’ directory-

Individual folder permissions-

Connection logs of users –

For ISCSI it’s just a matter of getting correct settings in your initiator –

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Views
Helpful
Replies