Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CLEAR backup files older than ....

Hi,

Considering the device NSS4100.

A backup job has been created to backup all data to one of the HDD running every day.

Is there a way to automatically clear (delete) the backup files older then a certain date avoiding filling up the HDD backup ?

Thank you!

Dan

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CLEAR backup files older than ....

At this time there is no setting that will allow us to specify how long to keep back ups. The only thing I could suggest is to set up a script to delete old back ups. You could do this by mapping a drive with NSS admin user credentials and running the script against the mapped drive.

Hopefully I am wrong and someone else will post a better solution.

Hi,

I have mapped the NSS4100 as a network drive for a windows xp computer and I have tried use the xcopy command.

It seams that the xcopy does not copy all the subfolders.It works only for the first subfolder under the main folder.

xcopy /d /e /i /c /y Y:\RAIDA\* Y:\RAIDC\backup\backup_sh\backup\

I have tried the command on a windows drive in it performs well.

Any other suggestions?

Merci,

Dan

Cisco Employee

sorry for the late reply, but i would try to change the path from \RAIDA\* to "\RAIDA\Volume\*" and by using the NSS admin account you should be able to copy recursively. The difference is that you will not include system directories and also you will be copying files that have permissions directly applied to them. If you are still having problems you may want to call SBSC and open a case.

SBSC: 866.606.1866

Views
Helpful
Replies