Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

How loud are the fans of the NSS300 Series in dB?

Hello, my customer is asking for the dB values of the intelligent fans in the NSS 300 Series.

Especially for the 322 and 324.

Regards,

Richard Unger

3 REPLIES

Re: How loud are the fans of the NSS300 Series in dB?

Hi Richard,

I haven't got any figures, but as a one-off sample: I have a NSS322 for personal use and it is LOUD! The temp sensor in my system seems to be not very accurate, so often it speeds up to 4400+ rpm and makes a noise that is noticeable through the closed door of the room where it is located. I have just added a thread to find out whether this can be fixed. When the temperature is low, the fan spins at about 1400 rpm which is moderate (I would say like an early 2000s PC: very acceptable in an office environment, not really in your living room), could even be completely off. The latter would reduce the noise to disk activity only.

Of course, I know your customer wants dB figures...

Cheers,

Peter

Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

many thanks for the information. This is also very good to know that the devices are too loud for personal use and good enough for office environment.

Maybe someone knows the dB in this community.

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

The community does not seem to be too active with respect to the NSS300 series... Have you heard any feedback about the systems with more than 2 disk bays? I have found hints that the behaviour I observed is related to (a) a recent re-design of the mainboard features (simply: more powerful, new CPU) and is (b) showing only in the 2-bay systems. Since I am considering an upgrade (more disk bays for less noise) for my personal use, I'd like to know - particularly official statements... (I am probably too optimistic... )

Ceers,

Peter

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content