Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

need assist rebuilding raid5 for nss3000

ScreenHunter_51.bmpScreenHunter_52.bmpScreenHunter_53.jpgScreenHunter_54.jpgScreenHunter_55.jpgScreenHunter_56.jpg

user was backing up pc drives and attached  4 tb nss3000 storage unit with xp utility backup.

Due to overfilling backup storage capability, backup stalled.

At that point, it was determined that nss3000 storage unit was locked up and was "hard" powered off.

On subsequent repowering of nss3000, the second drive of the quad was shown as out of the raid 5 configuration.

No backup of raid configuration was completed using usb port. User still  has access to gui, and screen shots are attached.

need instructions on how to proceed to rebuild raid 5 drive setup without losing data (approx 500 gb) on the

nss3000 drives.

• Small Business Network and Smart Storage
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: need assist rebuilding raid5 for nss3000

Welcome to the Cisco Community.

At this point I would advise to contact the Cisco Small Business Support Center at 866.606.1866 and select the option for Storage.

The best thing to do right now would be to shutdown the NSS via the WebUI just as a precaution. Once the RAID is shown as Stopped we do not have too many options for recovery. Officially the answer would be to delete the RAID and start over. I know this would also destroy all of your data, just stating this to let you know where we are at.

After speaking with Support let us know of the outcome.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: need assist rebuilding raid5 for nss3000

Welcome to the Cisco Community.

At this point I would advise to contact the Cisco Small Business Support Center at 866.606.1866 and select the option for Storage.

The best thing to do right now would be to shutdown the NSS via the WebUI just as a precaution. Once the RAID is shown as Stopped we do not have too many options for recovery. Officially the answer would be to delete the RAID and start over. I know this would also destroy all of your data, just stating this to let you know where we are at.

After speaking with Support let us know of the outcome.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.