Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NSS 324 Domain user cannot log in via web interface

Hi there,

The domain user cannot log in to the web interface.  I tried as DOMAIN+username and the password cannot log in it always says username or pass is not right. From the application window if I select administration as a domain user, then it shows the password change window (I do not know what's the use of this and why it asks me to change the password), if I select any other Multimedia or download station again it asks me that the password is not correct.If I select Web File manager then it automatically changes the user to guest (what a silly way).  NSS 324 is joined to the domain properly and I can see all the users etc from AD.

-How to log in as a domain user via web interface as 'http://disk.domainname.com'  and how to change the silly way putting in the domain user information

Example instead of DOMAIN + username it should be DOMAIN\username how to change it.

Need help!

I have bought a CISCO made device and prefered it over synology considering it be a well made tool.  I guess I am wrong as I wasting lots of my network support time in configuring this device.  Also the NSS 324 divice did not come with any book or booklet to follow for support admins.  Help plz!

2 REPLIES

Re: NSS 324 Domain user cannot log in via web interface

hello, I have the same issue with 2 customers already.

last week the NAS was joined in the domain. This morning I need to change the administrator password.. but it always fails.

has this already been solved ?

Re: NSS 324 Domain user cannot log in via web interface

Hi,

Thank you for posting your comments.  I would like to comment on some of the technical aspect for using the NSS GUI. The NSS is designed to only
allow the local user account with administrator privilege to access the GUI and any user accounts are not allowed, including any user from the ADS server.

1.     Local User account privilege: (a) Hardcoded account named “admin” and user account created with administration privilege; (b) User privilege; and (c) guest
account.

a.     Hardcoded account “admin” has privilege to access to any GUI applications, include Telenet/SSH session while an user account with administration privilege allowed to access to any GUI applications but cannot be use for telnet/SSH session.

b.     User privilege account:  Do not have the access to the GUI, however, when user access from the main GUI window. It will prompted to a screen where user can change to a new password for privacy purposes.

c.     Guest account is enabled for web applications and Public folder only. Anyone can access to the Public folder and read the content provided by web applications.

2.     When the NSS joined to the AD domain, any user from the ADS is not allowed to manage the GUI.

-         Changing the AD user account password should be done from the AD server (not from the NSS GUI).

3.     The architecture for access the NSS GUI from the main screen consists of Administration, Download Station, Multimedia Station, and Web File Manager. Download Station, Multimedia Station, and Wen File Manager required to enable the application in order to see it from the list drop down menu.

-         Administration and Download Station: Only user account with administration privilege can access, including “admin” account.

-         Multimedia Station and Web File Manager: Any user account with the access privilege can access to the GUI. The guest account is automatically filled the username and password fields when selected in the application field, user needs to click on LOGIN to access to the GUI for either Multimedia Station or Web File Manager. Administrator privilege can assigned the access privilege.

The latest firmware version 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 added the support with the syntax for AD user to login as DOMAIN\username. The old syntax DOMAIN+Username is still work as well. So you have a choice.

The NSS is a very complex product with capability of doing so many things, I wish I can provide much more information here. Cisco has the Technical Assistant Team dedicated to help customers, please call them for support. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content