Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

nss 4000 after fearmwearupdate i can't login

nss 4000 after fearmwearupdate i can't login.

The login was set on defould admin and admin.

After the fearmwaer update it i cant login with admin / admin.

Has de defould seting been changed?

Pleas help

1 REPLY
Silver

nss 4000 after fearmwearupdate i can't login

CAUTION If you restore the full factory defaults to an NSS in a virtualized setup, you will break

Any virtualized RAIDs.

To reset the NSS:

Please reference you admin guide –

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/nass/csbcdp/nss/nss4000_nss6000/administration/guide/NSS4000_6000_AG_V1.14.pdf

Page 140 Read carefully – you don’t want to factory reset the unit.

With any upgrades and or resets it’s best to have all data backed up for disaster recovery protocol.

Reset the Network Settings to enable you to Access the Configuration Interface: If there is a problem with the NSS that results in your not being able to access the NSS configuration interface, you might need to reset the network settings. This lets you access the interface and make any further changes to resolve the problem. To reset the network settings, first shut down the system and power it off. Press and hold the recessed Reset button on the front panel of the chassis, and then apply power to the system. Wait until you see the Power LED on the front of the chassis flash yellow rapidly, and then release the Reset button. Note the following settings are reset to their default:

- Link Addressing: DHCP

- Link Bonding Mode: Active Backup

- NSS Hostname: nas For example, "nas0123456789ab"

- Administrator Password: admin

- Network Filters: cleared

- Network Default Policy: Accept All

- MTU Size: 1500

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Views
Helpful
Replies