Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NSS Discovery Tool

I have this tool loaded on my machine.  The problem I'm running into is the tool will not find the initialized NSS326 and I'm thinking this is because the NSS resides in a different subnet than my workstation.  Is this the case? and if so is there a work around for it.                  

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

NSS Discovery Tool

Hi Scott,

You are correct. If the NSS326 is on different sub-net, the discovery tool won't work. It required on same sub-net for discovery.  The NSS326 unit has a LCD and the buttons at the front for user to configure the NSS. For initialization, please use the LCD to configure, then you would see the IP address received from DHCP server in that subnet. Take note of that IP address and you can access from any PC that can communicate to that IP address. 

Hope that helps!

Regards,

-Clint

NSS Discovery Tool

I have the device initialized and configured, I'm even able to manage it from my workstation via the web interface.  The problem I'm having is mapping a drive to the share I created.  It keeps telling me that the share isn't available.  I was hoping to use the tool to try and map a drive but apparently it all falls back on that being in the same subnet in order for that tool to work.

NSS Discovery Tool

The discovery tool is mainly serve for startup configuration which can help user an easy way to setup the NSS and it is designed to work only within the same subnet. If you are already created a share and attempted to map a share (not sure Windows, NFS, or ATF ??), you need to making sure the user account has the access privilege to that share.  The share is not available, meaning share is not existing in the NSS with reason: (1) syntax error on share name, or (2) is the share fodler set as hidden ?

If you cannot get this resolve, please open a ticket. Someone from tech support will be gladly to help you out.

Regards,

-Clint

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content