Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NSS3000 Cannot Authenticate - Network Factory Defaults No Help

Hi All,

I was setting up a NSS3000 with active directory.  I was having some difficulties so I went to ACCESS and USERS and selected all the DOMAIN Users and said DELETE.  I did not select any of the 3 local Users or the Admin.  The Admin password was the same on the box and never changed from admin/admin.  During the deletion of the accounts it froze up and disconnected me.  Now I when I go to the management interface it prompts me for login credentials but admin/admin does not work  (Nor the other 3 local accounts).  I did a Network Factory Defaults reset on the box (100 times) and still I cannot login as admin/admin or the other local accounts.  I am at a total loss and have no idea what to do at this point.  Can anyone tell me what I may need to do to get a full reset of this box without being able to go into the management software or how or what I may be missing in the authentication.

James

3 REPLIES
Bronze

James,

were you ever able to sort this out? we have a similar issue with our 3000 where we cannot log in and th reset doesnt work

Silver

HI,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/nass/csbcdp/nss/nss3000/administration/guide/NSSAdmin.pdf

click on link above and on page 129 - There is two different ways to reset the unit

1- network reset

2 - unit reset

- Restore the network setting system defaults: You need to do this if the

configuration interface becomes inaccessible. To reset the network

setting system defaults, shut down the NSS, power it off, hold down the

Reset button, and then power up the NSS. When you see the Power LED

blink yellow rapidly, release the Reset button. The network settings are

restored to factory defaults.

- Reset the box: Press and hold the Reset button while the system is

running until the PowerLED begins to blink green. Release the button. - Restore the network setting system defaults: You need to do this if the
configuration interface becomes inaccessible. To reset the network
setting system defaults, shut down the NSS, power it off, hold down the
Reset button, and then power up the NSS. When you see the Power LED
blink yellow rapidly, release the Reset button. The network settings are
restored to factory defaults.

- Reset the box: Press and hold the Reset button while the system is
running until the PowerLED begins to blink green. Release the button.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Unfortunately, the out of the manual solutions does NOT work.  I have performed the reset to system default, howeverit states it is resetting to the system defaults, the system default logon and password do not work when attempting to logon to the GUI, which is really the web administration tool.

There are other sites state that you need to play with jumper switches, this is not well described on how or what the steps are. 

So if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Views
Helpful
Replies