Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cisco Employee

NSS3000 not all HDD's are detected

Dear All,

my NSS3000 only recognizes the two upper bays wih the HDD's; even after changing the four identical HDD's from Bay 1 to Bay 3 no change - please advise.

TIA Gerhard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: NSS3000 not all HDD's are detected

Dear Gerhard,

i suspect you have a hardware problem on your device. The hard disks should show up in the GUI under "storage" as SATA1 to SATA4 at the moment when you insert the tray in the bay and the disks pass the test.

As we are based in the same region, please let me know where you purchased the device and I'll let you know how to initiate an RMA.

I trust you kept all your receipts, otherwise we need to identify the unit based on the serial number.

HTH

Jo

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Dear Gerhard,

i suspect you have a hardware problem on your device. The hard disks should show up in the GUI under "storage" as SATA1 to SATA4 at the moment when you insert the tray in the bay and the disks pass the test.

As we are based in the same region, please let me know where you purchased the device and I'll let you know how to initiate an RMA.

I trust you kept all your receipts, otherwise we need to identify the unit based on the serial number.

HTH

Jo

Cisco Employee

Dear Jo,

you're absolutely right - I checked the Options but a Transport Damage is the Reason. I'll initiate a RMA to move forward.

THX Again

Gerhard

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content