Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NSS3000 : Office files stored on network share appear as tmp files with hexdecimal number as filename

Hi,

We have a Cisco NSS3000 Network Attached Storage (NAS) where we store Office documents, where some of them appear as tmp files (for example 4C73F7A6.tmp) for all others accespt the person that created the file. We have tried to work with access rights and even set different owner for those files but have not found any way to make them correctly visual for other users. The files are NOT corrupted, they can be opend by any user by Open with... (and selecting Excel or Powerpoint for instance).

So the files appear as temp (tmp) file with an eight (8) digit hexadecimal numer as file name instead of the correct execl, word or powerpoint flenames.

We are running Windows Vista Business SP2 and Office2007 and we connect using CIFS or via FTP (same problem appear when viewing via FTP). We are also using Windows Vista Offline Folders and are running Norton Antivirus 2010.

In addition we recently have failing backup jobs, with a 'no enough space' error message (but the backup share a plenty of space). I see a number of older discussions on similar problems, but I have not found any resolution.

The NSS is running firware v1.16.

Any suggestions,or is this product simply not up for the task ?

Regards Jens

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

Re: NSS3000 : Office files stored on network share appear as tmp

Hi Jens,

I will suggest you to call the support center, cause there are some bugs related to the issue you are having.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies