Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NSS3000

I can't find any data on an issue I have with a nss3000.

I had this system setup and working for about 2 months shut it down and started it back up

and saw that i only have ftp access to my files, need cifs.   in the admin tool

if i try and add cifs or even a new share i get:  No space left on volume to create share:  new

and the same error on editing my old share.  the volume is not full.

help?

s

3 REPLIES

Re: NSS3000

I'm having the same problem.  I'm wondering if perhaps I took the drives out of the system and factory defaulted the nas that it might clear up the issue.  then replace the drives and hopefully the nas detects the raid set and volumes.  obviously this is a bit risky, but at this point i can't get to my 2T of data, so "lost" and "can't access" are the same right now...

Same problem here

The only thing that works, use a saved configuration file and restore the nss3000.

If the CIFS shares are saved in that configuration file, then you have your data back.

But I want a sollution for this problem that it won't happen again.

Anyone?

Some problem here. My NAS was a domain member and it lost domain. The share permissions previously based on domain users, so the configuration is bad this time.

I think i found a solution, the final steps need testing. You will need a pendrive. Save your NAS configuration to USBFLASH using web interface, then you will found a tar.gz in your pendrive. You can extract it and change some files. After packing in again, you can restore on NAS using web. I am trying 3 methods:

1. NFS method:

Changed nfs autohome path in /etc/exports to /mnt, and options to rw,no_root_squash,sync

I hope it will work, but it is possible, that exports file will be overwritten after boot process.

2. FTP method:

Changed local user home path in /etc/fstab to /mnt. Also changed vsftpd.conf to disable chroot. I could access configuration of smb shares on the NAS on path /mnt/RAIDA/VOLUME/.config/smb.conf. FTP user runs with limited permissions, so I have only read access for configuration files and no access for data.

3. SMB method:

I used the FTP account previously hacked. The smb.conf on VOLUME contains errors, so I disabled it. Removed corresponding line in /etc/samba/includes and typed in a fixed samba section below. I hope it will be enough.

Last hope: I inserted a cron rule to change unix permissions to 777 on /mnt/RAIDA/VOLUME/share. Cron config can be found in /etc/cron.d/root.

Good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content