Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSS324 Stuck Booting After Firmware Upgrade

My NSS324 has been stuck booting for a while, and has become completely useless.

When I power it down and try to boot it up it just keeps getting stuck saying BOOTING >>>>>>.

I was upgrading from 1.1 to 1.5

Can anyone help me??

1 REPLY
Silver

NSS324 Stuck Booting After Firmware Upgrade

Bill,

It best if you would have upgraded in increments since 1.1 & 1.5 is a big leap. This seems the file system has become corrupted from the upgrade and a clean install needs to be done. I would pull out drives about an inch, while system is down. After drives are pulled, now boot up NSS, Use Discovery tool to find unit and start system wizard. Step 6 where it ask about RAID Level, this is where you will push your drives back in. This will completely redo your system using 1.5.0 from internal Dom.

It’s possible that a drive with bad blocks also is causing the hang up, but since this happen on an upgrade then I feel it’s the file system, but doesn’t hurt to try. Pull drive 3 out about an inch and try booting up the NSS324 to see if this will allow system to completely boot. For some reason I have seen drives 3 with bad blocks stop a boot on NSS324.

Disaster recovery: Before doing any upgrades on any system its best practice to have a backup of all sensitive data just in case worst case scenario happens. Hopefully we have a backup~! In any system upgrade it's easy for errors to occur with possible system failure.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content