Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

NSS400 firmware upgrade fails

dear colleagues,

my attempts to upgrade the firmware on our linksys NSS4000 fail. after selecting the downloaded image NSS4000_fwupgrade_0116.tar.gz in the management tool and hitting "upgrade firmware" I get a "downloading image" message, then it says "programming image" - and stalls. it never recovers from that screen. a second http-session on the NSS4000 after some minutes shows that there has been no firmware update, it is still displaying firmware verion 1.12-3 (and did not reboot).

what do I do wrong? do I need to install the patches version on version until I reach the concurrent 1.16, in other words, might it be impossible to skip the patches between 1.12 and 1.16?

any help is appreciated. thanks in advance,

*Jay

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: NSS400 firmware upgrade fails

Jay,

I beleive that your post landed in the wrong forum somehow.  This forum is related to Storage Area Networking, and the Cisco MDS fibre channel swtich series of product.  Not sure that anyone here knows much about a Linksys NSS4000.  Not sure which forum you need to post to for that product.

-Mike

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Jay,

I beleive that your post landed in the wrong forum somehow.  This forum is related to Storage Area Networking, and the Cisco MDS fibre channel swtich series of product.  Not sure that anyone here knows much about a Linksys NSS4000.  Not sure which forum you need to post to for that product.

-Mike

Community Member

mike, all,

thanks for the important hint and sorry for my (unintentional) misposting. will try to find the right forum for the linksys. sorry for not having probs with our cisco stuff even we do not run the products mentioned by you... it's the SOHO-components driving me crazy these days...

anyhow nothing bad against that cheap neat NSS4000. best,

*Jay

Community Member

just if somebody gets mislead like me: seems like small business > SB technologies is the right forum. new thread here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/1003163

VIP Gold

Duplicate of NSS4000 firmware

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content