Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NSS6000 folder rights inside share

HI everyone

I have got the problem with access rights to folder inside share on NSS6000. I guess somebody has removed the rights for every one for read and write using windows. NSS6000 is connected to Active Directory and I have domain admin rights but I can not make any changes with this folder. I suppose I need to change owner of the folder but I can not it change, still get "no rights" message for that.

Does any help me?

BR

5 REPLIES
Silver

You have to be carefully when copying files from a windows server/machine to a storage box. Storage units usually run UNIX operating system so when copying files from one location to another, Linux don’t understand windows permissions and vice versa so it strips all file and folder permissions given by its parent operating system. Now what you have to do is log into the NSS6000 and give user/group permissions to the files and folders within the NSS6000.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Thank you for your answer.

But in my opinion it is not like you said, I can give windows rights inside share using windows explorer, Linux running inside NSS6000 understand windows permissions.

here is article according to this:

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&login=1&app=search&vw=1&articleid=15372

but my problem is with no posibility get back removed access rights of the folder, some one deleted them at all, how can I get back access to the folder? I'm not able change owner of the folder.

BR

Silver

BR -

I know you have some control over permissions from your pc over nss files/folders. You need to access the NSS shares by logging in with local admin account. This should give you access to all files; now copy your files off the NSS and then back onto the NSS and using the account you wish to have ownership. Like the local admin user account or domain user account. This should strip the pervious ownership and rewritten with local admin or domain admin ownership and this should solve your problem. I have done this many times before in other case similar to yours. You can try a few small files and see how this should work for you.

Jasbryan

Re: NSS6000 folder rights inside share

Svyatoslav Poluyko wrote:

HI everyone

I have got the problem with access rights to folder inside share on NSS6000. I guess somebody has removed the rights for every one for read and write using windows. NSS6000 is connected to Active Directory and I have domain admin rights but I can not make any changes with this folder. I suppose I need to change owner of the folder but I can not it change, still get "no rights" message for that.

Does any help me?

BR

Thank you for your answer.

Svyatoslav Poluyko wrote: HI

Svyatoslav Poluyko wrote:

HI everyone

Does any help me?

Why you make all of this links 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content