Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSS6000 system light blinking red

I ahve had this device for about three years and it has worked well.  It si setup with 4 2TB drives , each pair mirrored for total redundancy.  The unit was accidentally unplugged.  Now the system light just blinks red and no HD lights.  I cannot access it by IP addres or with the Cisco discovery tool.  Anyone have any ideas what to do next?

I was thinking of attempting a reset but was aftraid that i might lose my data.

Help!

4 REPLIES
Gold

Hi Sid,

Thank you for posting. I have not seen this issue for some time but I think the following document may be helpful to you: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9385

Thanks for the link to that article.  Your own phone support said that there was no documentation on a blinking red system light.  My manager has brought the unit to a data recovery company.  Drive 3 was successfully recovered.  But Drive 1&2 (raid1) should be a mirror of each other and there seems to be a huge amounts of bad sectors on drive 1 and we are having trouble with recovering from 1 or 2.  My questions are:- 1) what Linux file structure is this and 2) are there any good reconstruction software packages or companies that you could reccomend.

Thank you.

Gold

Hi Sid,

My guess is that the drives in the RAID1 array would have the same file structure as drive 3. I have forwarded your question to our Subject Matter Expert in hopes that he may have some insight. Regarding data recovery, that is not something I am familiar with. Maybe someone else has some recommendation?

Silver

Sid,

File structure is EXT3 running on these boxes. I don't know of any reconstruction software available to pull off data. The data recovery company should have all best possible software to pull your information. Now if they advised you have bad sectors on both hard drives then it sounds like both drives was in a failing state and when the unit failed it could have corrupted data.

Jasbryan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content