Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Password after factory reset ?

Hello,

i don´t know what happend.. but i think its really strange. Ok first i upload a new configuration on my NSS4000, after this the device restarts. -So long-

After the reboot procedure the device is available over http:\\ but.. my admin password doesn´t work...

- ok after the first shock i use the factory reset... but oh no.. the standard admin password doesn´t work either ?!?!

Please can anyone help me ;)  its really annoying...

i´ve found that there´re two ports open 888 and 8888... but i don´t have the right password for this too....

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Password after factory reset ?

One thing to always remember is that when upgrading firmware it needs to be applied twice. This will ensure that all settings migrate and are applied properly. Perform a full reset of the unit by following these steps:

Step 1:
Shut down and power off the system.

Step 2:
Press and hold the Reset button on the front panel of the chassis then apply power to the system.

Step 3:
Wait until you see the Power LED on the front panel to flash yellow rapidly then release the Reset button.

Note: The following will be reset to their default settings:

• Link Addressing: DHCP
  • Link Bonding Mode: Active Backup
  • NSS Hostname: nas For example, "nas0123456789ab"
  • Administrator Password: admin
  • Network Filters: cleared
  • Network Default Policy: Accept All
  • MTU Size: 1500

Once this completes, go ahead and re-install the firmware and save your configuration. Let us know if you are still not able

to access the NAS.

Views
Helpful
Replies