Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Possible NSS-300 Series Compatibility Issue With USB Drives

Today I went to backup a Flash (Thumb) drive to an NSS-322. I plugged the thumb drive into the USB port, and nothing happened; no blue light. I pushed the backup button, and nothing happened. I tried a few more times, and still there was no blue confirmation light from pressing the backup button. A bit later, the NSS-322 e-mailed me 3 error reports (one for each attempt), which state:

Server Name: NSS322

IP Address: 192.168.10.109

Date/Time: 2010/09/24 22:50:35

Level: Error

Number of USB devices connected is over limitation.

There are no other USB devices connected. So, I plugged in a different thumb drive. The blue light eventually came on, and it normally backed up the drive when I pressed the button. I removed that drive, and tried the first thumb drive again. Again, nothing happened. I tried pushing the backup button twice. Nothing. A bit after that, the NSS sent me 2 e-mails. This time the messages were not alike:

Date/Time: 2010/09/24 23:43:50

[USB One Touch Copy] Copying from [USBDisk1] to [Usb] failed.

Date/Time: 2010/09/24 23:46:11

Number of USB devices connected is over limitation.

It would appear that there is something about that particular thumb drive the NSS-320 does not like. Are there compatiblity issues with thumb drives and the NSS units?

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Re: Possible NSS-300 Series Compatibility Issue With USB Drives

Do you have more information on what the model #/etc of the failing USB Drive?

In general we post all HW AVL compatibility to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10817/prod_technical_reference_list.html

Look for Cisco Small Business Smart Storage Approve Disk Drive List.

Views
Helpful
Replies