Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Quick feedback of the NSS322

I'm really impress with the NSS322.. I have never seen a NAS box with so  many features. The box was very easy to setup and configure. It benefits  small businesses like ours as a network storage server with some  multimedia capabilities. The multimedia function although needs some  tweaking  if it wants to target customers that demands rich multimedia  features. Also, sometimes it plays music files and sometimes it  doesn't.. maybe it's missing certain codecs? On the good side, disk  managing was straight forward. It was a piece of cake to RAID the two  disk together and the reporting function like SMART gives us good  indications about the status of the disk. Encryption of the file system   is also a nice feature if you plan to store secret files!

One enhancement request from my side is authenticating from other type  of LDAP servers besides Microsoft Active Directory... You can't forget  the LOTUS and Linux people!

2 REPLIES

Re: Quick feedback of the NSS322

Thanks for the feedback.

Which media server were you using? (Multimedia Station, Twonky Media) Any specific file format that doesn't work.  We can look at either updating or at least documenting better.

For LDAP integration:  Is there specific functionality you want to see?

Would building an LDAP server function into Cisco Smart Storage (either as a built-in or add-on PKG application) be of interest?  Would you be able to replace the other device running the LDAP server today (or not because other functions are running on that device)?

Re: Quick feedback of the NSS322

Doishi,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was using the Multimedia Station and some of the .mp3 files did not play. It wasn't a size issue because I tried a few 5mb files and a few 25+ mb files. Some played and some did not.

It be nice to have the smart storage to authenticate to our OpenLDAP server. We would probably not use the built-in LDAP server function since all of our users and profiles are store on our own server.

Views
Helpful
Replies