Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

SA 520 Firewall rules not applying

I've set up 3 schuldes for

1) 04.00 - 08.00 PM

2) 10.00 - 11.59 PM

3) 12.00 - 10.00 AM

Locked the mac address on the client computer to an leased IP number.

Then I set up 3 rules to block from LAN to WAN for this local IP 192.168.75.70 at the Scheduled times. But it dosen't apply.

The firmware is 2.1.71

I can see the client get the right IP address.

Everyone's tags (6)
4 REPLIES
Green

Hello Thomas, can you reboot the router after setting the rules?

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Community Member

I did try to reset it, but It did'nt do the trick. Still full connection, where it should be blocked.

Enabled                       LAN           WAN           ANY                       BLOCK by schedule                       192.168.75.70           Any                                                         Always

Community Member

Ok. Thats solved.

The problem was that the Client Computer had 2 Mac addresses.And by setting the second up and block it in the firewall It seams to work.

a ipconfig /all did show the second Mac address as not connected and hasn't any IP Address, but when I bind it to an IP address in the firewall and block with the same schedule it works. So its not the SA 520 more likely me not able to see it in the clinet config.

Sorry.

Community Member

Re: SA 520 Firewall rules not applying

Sorry to say.

The rules does NOT work!!

If the client computer has an connection like Skype or a Game, streaming tv, then this connection will not beterminated, but kept alive even though it shoul be blocked in the forewall.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content