Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

New Firmware available for RV340 Series Router family! This includes the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P

To learn more and get the latest Firmware version click here.

Community Member

Additional Wireless SSID

I have an rv220w router with one SSID and the product says I can add up to 4 additional wireless ssid ie the router is protected with wpa but we have guests that would like to connect to the internet while working in our building . I would like to add a guest SSID with wep security that I could give Clients. The problem I run into is every time I add the Guest  ssid the wireless printers that are attached to the routers' main ssid quit working. I noticed that when the rounter was orginally set up the main SSID has IP addresses from 100 to 255 allocated. Do I need to limit the IP addresses in the Main SSID to a smaller number so that the Guest SSID can use the remaining  addresses. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Gold

Additional Wireless SSID

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting. You should create a second VLAN for the second SSID so that the IP addresses assigned to your guests are in a different subnet than your Main SSID. This will keep the guest devices from accessing the main devices.

Silver

Additional Wireless SSID

Tom,

Please make sure the routers firmware is up-to-date, since you are having trouble when adding second SSID (printers stop working when adding second SSID)

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content