Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Answering SRP547W PSTN call

Hi,

I'm running a new SRP547W running the latest firmware.

Firmware Version:1.2.4 (003) Jan 11 2012

I have 3 phones connected to the unit. Ports 1 & 3 are used for outbound calls using VOIP and are registered to the VOIP provider.

The third phone is connected to phone port 4 and has NO VOIP settings and is not registered.

When an incoming PSTN call is received the phone on port 4 rings likes it should. Phones on ports 1 & 3 don't but that's due to an acknowledged bug.

When I answer the PSTN call by picking up the phone on port 4 the call is not answered. All I get is silence and the person calling me continues to get the phone ringing signal until they hang up.

Any ideas why I cannot answer the call? And what I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks

Gavin

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Answering SRP547W PSTN call

I know its bad form to answer your own questions but I think I've solved it.

I reset the voice settings on the unit back to factory defaults. Put my voip settings back in, changed region to Australia, updated dialplan and now, when I get an incoming call on my PSTN it rings *ALL* the phones (even ones that are registered for voip) and I can answer the call. So I must have mucked up a setting somewhere while I was playing.

If all else fails do a factory defaults and try again :-)

g

Views
Helpful
Replies